my mom sent me this recipe…YUM! can’t wait to try this soon!
Japanese Chicken-Scallion Rice Bowl
Total Fat 3g
Saturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 34g
Dietary Fiber —
japanese chicken scallion rice bowl
Serves: 4 Edit
Total Time: 20 min
* 1 1/2 cup(s) instant brown rice
* 1 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
* 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) sugar
* 2 tablespoon(s) reduced-sodium soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon(s) mirin
* 2 large egg whites
* 1 large egg
* 8 ounce(s) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* 6 scallions
1. Prepare instant brown rice according to package directions.
2. Pour broth into a heavy medium saucepan, along with sugar, soy sauce, and mirin. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low.
3. Stir egg whites and whole egg in a small bowl until just mixed. Add chicken to the simmering broth. Gently pour in the egg mixture, without stirring. Sprinkle scallions on top. When the egg starts to firm up, after about 3 minutes, stir it with chopsticks or a knife. (The chicken will be cooked by now.) Divide the rice among 4 deep soup bowls and top with the chicken mixture.