sooooo… Our friend Jeremy’s birthday is tomorrow, and Brian wanted to invite him over to dinner. I think we will probably end up making the normal steak, mashed potatoes, and corn… but if it’s a birthday then there HAS TO be some kind of dessert right?? Jeremy has to be the pickiest eater I’ve ever met, so I thought it would be best to txt him and ask what his favorite fruit, cake, and pie is, just so I don’t make him something he hates. He said strawberry, white, and banana cream. So after spending a half an hour on allrecipes.com, I came up with this fantastic looking dessert…
* 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
* 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
* 1/3 cup Karo® Dark or Light Corn Syrup
* 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, cut up
* 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine
* 3 tablespoons Karo® Dark or Light Corn Syrup
* 1 (9 inch) chocolate crumb crust
* 2 large bananas
* 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts (optional)
1. Beat cream cheese, peanut butter and 1/3 cup corn syrup together until light and fluffy. Melt chocolate and butter in small saucepan over low heat until smooth. Add 3 tablespoons corn syrup and stir until blended.
2. Slice 1 banana and arrange on bottom of crust. Spread half of the peanut butter mixture over banana slices. Top with half of the chocolate mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle peanuts over top of pie, if desired.
3. Cover and freeze 6 hours or until serving time. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes before cutting into wedges.
thank you Allrecipes for this lovely recipe.
maybe if it’s as great as it looks, then I can make it for the bake off. 🙂 And I’ll only be able to have a bite of this…. because the calories per serving is 568. Yikes!